Dienstag, 25. Dezember 2012

Attractive Features?!

Have you ever wondered what makes people attractive to you?

A friend and me just got into that topic a few days back, talking about the things that we go for look-wise.
And I wondered: Of all the people I ever found attractive, how could it be they looked so very different from eachother? There were guys with long hair, short hair, no hair at all, tall ones, smaller ones, the big buffs as well as those who weren't much wider than me... I don't seem to have a definite "type"... or do I?


So what is it we look for?
My friend told me that one thing he has to analyze and approve is the shape of a girls nose. Silly little me, I started laughing at the oddity of this confession. I was very much convinced that my go-to-things were less insane.

Guess what, they're not.


I found myself staring at guys' necklines on an escalator. You know, the shape of the hairline on the neck? And my brain wasn't offering much but "om nom nom nom nom" - allthough I hadn't seen their faces yet. Weird, right?

A female friend of mine once told me that the shape of a guys calfs were hot. Equally weird in my eyes. I personally have never been interested in a guys legs before. :D

Another (male) friend has a thing for collarbones.



Then again, there are the things that seem rather normal to be attractive on males. Dominant cheekbones and a strong jawline. Lower arms with prominent vains. A toned back. An intense eye colour and a cheeky smile. And voices. Oooh yes, voices, deep dark voices with a slight rasping sound to it... Uhm... back to topic...
These things work for me, at least.
 I'm sure the next best person would create a very different list.

But then again, how come there seems to be a thing like "general beauty", making a person seem attractive to a lot of different people at once? I keep thinking about a class from a while back. The teacher was new and I swear, after just the first lecture, 80% of the females who had attended it had a giant crush on him. Including me. But here's the thing, the blushing and giggling girls left and right from me that day might have boyfriends I wouldn't even remotely be interested in if I met them.

This is so confusing. xD


Actually though, I think there -is- a solution for me. Because the similarity I DO find in most people I'd "approve" is this: They all had and have a strong character, they present themselves as confident, they are cheeky and funny. "Wait," you might say, "we were talking about looks!"
Well you know what? I believe confidence shows in your face. So here we go, it IS something pretty visible. And apparently I digg that look. ;)

(On a side note, I think this is what makes some people desirable even if they're - by normal standards - not visually attractive!)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen