Samstag, 20. April 2013

People, Part I

Yaay, new category!

Now, before we get started:
This thing has been abandoned for a while. I still get page hits every day. Which, quite frankly, amazes me. Why it has been so inactive lately, I hear nobody ask? Well, it's not like I don't have a crapload of things to whine about, ooooh no no no. But sadly, life is keeping me really really busy these days. And even if I get a break, there always seems to be something that keeps me from blogging. Like this one time, I was on the train and was writing a blog entry about Working in retail. Remember, I promised to do it. Aaand I was on a roll. I was typing like a maniac... when some fucking teenager annoyed me SO much that I got SO angry I started shaking and could neither concentrate on the task ahead nor type properly. Ever since, that entry has remained unfinished.
But today, I decided that despite all my to-do-things, I'd sit down for a few minutes and get another entry going.

By the way:
If you ever read this, stupid kid from the train: FUCK YOU YOU FUCKING MORON, I HATE YOU AND I HATE YOUR MOM FOR GIVING BIRTH TO YOU!




Now that that's off my chest............. :)
It's actually a reeeeally good bridge back to: "Yaay, new category!"

Now... People.
Let me explain this: Whenever I start with "People", close friends of mine know that there's a story to come. And most of the times, it's a good one. See, I don't know if I'm a magnet for odd people or if it's just that nobody else gets as excited by the nature of humans as I do and feels the urge to tell others about it. Because I LOVE telling people about weird stuff other people did. And I'm a big storyteller! I'm the Barney Stinson of complaining! Instead of telling everybody about how I got laid by someone, I just tell everybody about how I got annoyed by someone. It's like my "thing" and I've had people ASK me to please collect more odd stories to tell. Seriously.

So, here we go, a new category about odd stories of odd behaviour by odd people I met in my life. Maybe you'll enjoy it. Maybe you won't. Maybe these stories are boring for you, especially since some of them don't have a big showdown at the end or any moral to come out of them except that humans are weird. Most of them don't have an exciting ending to them.
I just collect them in my head because in all seriousness, the behavior of some people astonishes, amazes and captivates me.
(Actually, if YOU, dear reader, have a lovely story about strange people and are willing to write it down, feel very, very free to send it to me and I'll include it in my blog! Yay!!!)


*drummroll*
The Lady on the train
I don't actually remember WHY I just remembered this today and had the urge to blog about this special event, but here it goes:
As some of you may know, my way to university and back home requires me to take a 1.5 hour train trip back and forth. So one day I was at the big train station in my university city and this old lady had two large bags to struggle with, trying to get them into the same train that I had to use. Being raised the way I was raised - thanks, Mom! - of course I asked if I could help her with the bags and eventually carried both of them into the train and to a free area with an easily accessable seat for the lady. I don't recall if she thanked me or not, but let's say she did.
I sat down on the opposite seating row (?), put on my anti-human-bullshit-devices (aka hedphones) and opened a school book, minding my own freaking business. A guy in his fourties sat next to the old lady and they eventually started chatting.

Now, I had my headphones on but no music playing so I could hear them.
And to my utter dismay, it did not take very long for that old hag to start complaining about how fucked up youth was nowadays and how they were all alcoholics and rude and criminals and she probably suggested to shoot all of us. After somebody who's clearly still a part of "youth nowadays" carried her bags and was really polite and all.
Funny enough, the guy she was talking to - who had not been there to witness my act of kindness - pointed at me saying "Well they're not all that bad, look at this young lady reading peacefully."... which led the old fart into another venting spree about how we're all the same.

Fuck you, lady. I hope you remembered me trying to get off the train with your bags.


And since we're talking old folks, here's another story that came to my mind today:
The pretzel thief:
One beautifull day, I was out grocery shopping.
Long story short, I was at the counter, my food was all spread up on the running band thingie and an elderly couple was ahead of me. Somewhere on my part of the band, I had a see-through bag with two "pretzels" (We call them Bretzel and it sorta hurts me to use the american spelling...). The lady from the couple kept eyeing me and the bag, "whispering" stuff to her husband in the loud whisper that I love so much. So I got curious and overheard her tell her husband that I stole their pretzels. Remember, we're BOTH still waiting in line so she hasn't even paid for anyting. The lady eventually gets excited and snatches my bag of pretzels, putting it on top of her stuff. I'm all like "Excuse me, miss?" and she starts yelling at me and accusing me of the riddiculous charge... untill her husband finally steps in telling her that they didn't even have any pretzels in their shopping cart. You'd think the lady would apologise, right? Wrong. She eventually left, still shouting and yelling and I just stood there, completely baffled, with EVERYBODY staring at me. Thanks, Lady, just one more reason why the staff of this store will never forget me.


Enough for today, back to work.

1 Kommentar: